MobiLinQ is a Linux based, central communications platform specifically designed for in-vehicle installation. MobiLinQ is all about choice!
Choosing the best peripherals to meet your specific business requirements. Whether Discreet or Smart Taximeters, Roof Lights, Driver Panic Button, Rear Seat Point of Sale, Passenger Information Monitors, Printers, Cameras, Accelerometers, Seat Sensors, Vehicle Data Bus, or 3G/4G USB modems, MobiLinQ offers it all, while connecting wirelessly to an Android Smartphone or Tablet.
An integrated WiFi router within MobiLinQ turns your vehicle into a mobile hotspot, allowing for wireless connectivity between the driver’s Smartphone or Tablet and offering the driver freedom to take the mobile device with them (up to 100 meters).
Installation of MobiLinQ is straight forward. The small enclosure can be mounted discreetly under the dash, seat, or in the trunk of the vehicle, out of the way of the driver but easily accessible to the vehicle technician. MobiLinQ has the ability to provide regulated power to connected peripherals, simplifying the installation process and providing greater control and protection over your equipment.
Even without a connected Smartphone or 3G Tablet, the GPS equipped MobiLinQ can connect with a 3G/4G USB modem, providing real time Vehicle Tracking, Status Monitoring, Point of Sale processing (additional POS equipment required), and even driver distress annunciation. MobiLinQ also offers a CAN Bus interface for on-board vehicle diagnostics via the OBD-II port.
MobiLinQ bridges the gap between the latest Android Smartphones or Tablets and conventional RS-232, USB, and Discreet technologies while delivering a host of new capabilities for mobile applications.
- Technical Specifications
- Freescale MCIMX286CVM4B (ARM926EJ-S)
- 1Gb DDRII SDRAM
- 4GB Flash
- Linux Embedded
- U-Blox6, 50 Channel GPS Receiver w/ Antenna Supervisor
- WAAS, MSAS, EGNOS
- Wi2Wi WLAN 802.11b/g w/ Mobile Embedded Hotspot
- Embedded 4 Port USB Host HUB w/ High Current Supply (1x2A, 3x1A)
- 10BASE-T compatible
- 3x 5-Wire RS-232
- 1x 3-Wire RS-485/232
- 2.0B protocol Controller Area Network interface
- OBD-II cable (optional)
- 1x Vehicle Ignition Sense
- 1x Emergency/Panic (Contact source input)
- 1x Opto-Coupled Sense Circuit (High-side/Low-Side configurable)
- 1x Odometer/Pulse Counter
- 3x Discrete Logic Inputs
- 1x High Current (Open Drain, 1A)
- 1x Low Current (Open Collector, 100mA) / Optional pulse generator
Peripheral Power Supplies
- 5V DC 1.5A
- 7/9/12V DC 2A (Selectable)
- Switched Vehicle Supply 1.5A
- Versatile detachable screw type terminal block
- Height: 1.5”, 3.8 cm
- Width 7.5”, 19.0 cm
- Depth: 5.0”, 12.7 cm
- Weight: 1.65 lb, 0.7 kg
- Operates from within a DC range of 9V to 32V
- 250mA nominal@ 12VDC (no peripherals)
- Operational: -20 to +70 degrees Centigrade
- Storage: -30 to + 80 degrees Centigrade
- Humidity: 95% Non-condensing
- Part 15 Class A.
- EN 301-489-1 V1.9.2
- EN 301-489-17 V2.1.1
- EN 60950-1:2010 +A11:2009 +A1:2010
- MobiLinQ is RoHS compliant.
To learn more of how Mobile Knowledge can assist you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.